Confusion liable to undermine end-user adoption of security fixes

Michael Vastola michael.vastola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 06:07:36 EDT 2014

Yea. Sorry.. I didn't realize I was being vague. The PPA (which I hope
you don't decide to take away... it's not in the spirit of computing to
not accommodate my laziness :-p) was totally up to date.

The issue was that the prominent notice on the home page suggesting
adding the PPA to apt /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ to obtain this fix was at
risk of being completely negated by the fact the home page seemed to
indicate that the PPA did not have a fixed version of pidgin.

Mike