HELP!!

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Dec 16 20:26:50 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 15:47 -0600, Betty Bramblett wrote:
> I just got my invite welcome from Quicktate.
> I understand this is how I get files to download and type for them.

Do you understand what Pidgin is? It's an instant messaging client,
somewhat like Yahoo! Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger,
etc. It supports multiple protocols (Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc.) so you can
replace several of those programs with just Pidgin. (You can also use it
on Linux, but I really doubt you use Linux.)

I Google'd "Quicktate" and quicktate.com claims to be a "service which
transcribes your voicemails and personal notes...and delivers them to
you via email, text message, or [their] iPhone-compatible web widget".

This doesn't sound IM related (unless they offer IM as an additional
option). If this is the QuickTate you're talking about, you should
contact the QuickTate people for help. Also, you might want to consider
Google Voice instead, which does this and much more and is free.

If you're talking about something else, I can't make any sense of your
message.

> It said to download Pidgin.  I was in IE7 and did so.
>   It never asked me nor showed me where to put the info as 1)
> protocol, Domain, Resource, etc., but I stumbled along and got the
> Friends QT added and received acceptance from a couple.

> I am trying to get it into Firefox as QT says they prefer this to IE.

This sounded familiar, so I looked in my archives to see if you were the
same person who had just asked about IE vs. Firefox. Indeed you were. I
replied previously:

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 21:49 -0600, Richard Laager wrote:
> Pidgin is a standalone application, not a browser plugin. It doesn't
> install in a browser. Your question doesn't make any sense.

You replied off-list (which is improper, please CC the list):

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 18:28 -0600, Betty Bramblett wrote:
> Didn't know Pidgin was standalone.  That makes a difference to me.
> thanks a lot for the help, I do understand why it was fussing now.
> Sorry you didn't understand me but you did give me the answer I
> needed....

Richard