Saving user history

Scott Farwell scott at iivip.com
Tue Sep 15 13:03:17 EDT 2009

I am the administrator of my company's jabber server.

I need to change the user logins for about 80% of my users, but I don't want them to lose their ability to see their past chat history in their IM clients.

The 2 primary clients used are PidGin and Spark.

For Pidgin, is there a way to simply change your account username/login without creating a new account so that the current set of chat history will still be available even though you have changed your login name ?

I assume all client-accessible history is stored locally.